All things die OK, well all things definitely change and I hate change. Change is like death. What is known is gone but not forgotten like death. What is coming is not known like life. Here we are in the middle of it all not dying not living hating change.
So... my year of hypocrisy is finally drawing to a close. The new McGlothlin folks have been chosen and my presentations are done. I have learned much...and I got to go to Finland. The overall conclusions I am coming to are kind of subtle and I will try to explain in this trip report. I was rather proud of the trip - it is usually a bit difficult to get into Helsinki schools, but with my good friend, Google Translate, I was able to track down and email many of the schools in Helsinki and play the numbers game. Many did not respond, but I think the nicest did email back - and I was able to set up an itinerary. I got to the Tri-Cities airport at 3pm on a Saturday and due to a little problem in Atlanta I got to Finland at 2am on Monday. Luckily I had already booked a hotel.... oh, wait... no I didn't. However, as luck would have it, I found the last person awake in the airport and got the name of a good cheap hotel near the main station in Helsinki. ...