Night

don't you dare think I've forgotten
things I've said and done
promises I have broken
and the distance all have run
from a shining little star to
a glimmer in a pond
fishtails shimmer in my eyes
the come undone is done

moon she glides across the night 
my sole grips heavens dirt
she smiles upon the thieves in pain
and rips my favorite shirt
her calm chaotic steady stare
her presence ever there
she shines below the treeline
when the worlds weight she bears

so my life is not my own but I live inside it too
I am the sun I've always sought
when the moon's in view
I am the light on full moon night
(although I thought that that was you)

But I am you. 

I'm still the one.

and we are still the few.

but it's not night, there is no sun.
it seems our evening's day is dawn

your fishtails shimmer in my eyes
The come undone is done.


Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag