Ok, it has been awhile. But trying to train for three sports and have a family (and a job) make blogging a few notches down on the post. However - I had to today. I went for a nice run this morning with Neve (our dog) out at Moses Cone - I ended up going almost 15 miles and felt really good - not much different from any other run. I kept my blood sugar in line the entire time. I get home around lunchtime and call Jon to come over and set up his top-bar beehive (I have bees - Jon is going to set up a different kind of hive next to mine) and plan out the garden and chickens (chicks should be here this week!) Once his hive is in place we can order the bees. Well, he's had this thing for a year and today we walk up behind my house to set it up and lo and behold - there is a swarm of bees (my bees swarmed) sitting on a post. Amazing. We got a nuc and set out to catch the swarm. Bees are amazingly non-stingy when they swarm, so Jon held the nuc and I scraped them into it with my hands (I did have on gloves, but didn't need them). Thousands of bees. The picture on the post is AFTER we had hived the swarm...they are just the leftovers. When I sunk my hands into the swarm it was really warm...won't be forgetting that feeling. I was wearing shorts and they were up my shorts - no stings - Jon didn't have on any headwear and they were all over him - no stings. Ultra cool. We quickly set up his hive and then took the nuc over and shook them out in there. Set up a feeder and let em go. This should be a great experience...if I didn't kill the queen in the process. We'll see. However all this pales in comparison with the fact that Adia is walking. Yes, walking. Life is good. Busy, but good. I think I am keeping my priorities in line (family, home, ironman, job) so the stress is no so bad. I am feeling good and am progressing slowly - which is nice because September is still months away. Going to sleep now. Usually I am in bed by 9 and up at 4:30 or 5 to run and swim before school. Tomorrow I have to get some grading done so I will do something in the evening. Peace.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Winter finally arrived