Thank you, snow


But I still haven't gotten any of the grading done I was supposed to do.  Today.  Yes, today I shall conquer the pile.  But we are probably going to go skiing again:)  A nice little snow hit the other day and this is now the 3rd snow day (I should be grading right now...of course, isn't assigning a grade a bit ridiculous?  Is grading the best way to help someone learn?  Did I learn to juggle a soccer ball, or keep bees, or even learn to love biology because of grading?  I don't think so.  In fact, grading is what drove me from biology in high school.  I understand feedback and critique... but grading? I'd better shut up now:)  As for this week.  Esme is doing fantastic and has gotten another chin off of her liebfraumilch diet.  Ash is doing well and is making the lovenox/coumadin transition to hopefully make this blood clot a memory only... and a bad one at that.  Adia is pretty much at that all around amazing stage - so sweet with Esme, so coordinated, so bald, and can't talk yet but communicates like crazy.  And Zoe switches back and forth between a kid that will push you over the edge of frustration over getting dressed and one that will simply melt your heart with love and pride.  Yesterday we went to App Mtn to ski and I took my snowboard (because she didn't need my help anymore) - we do 3 slow runs and she's cold and tired so we go in.  She says she wants to go home - doesn't really want to ski today.   I, being super-diabetic, recognize this as a possible case of "not-enough-food"...  Step aside, I say, I've seen this before... and in a flash I secure grape juice and seasoned fries.   I "talked" her into going back out... one more run she says.  We proceeded to close the place down.  She suddenly became fast.  We were playing follow the leader, racing down the hill.  It was wonderful.  And yes, that is a unicycle track in the snow.... I did get the "you are insane" from a neighbor down the road:)



Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!