March Ahn

  • Aw, Esme is just growing like a weed.  She smiles all the time now.  Last night she just studied my face and smiled as I talked and sang to her - for quite awhile.  She seemed to be partial to U2 and The Cure:)  She interacts like this all the time with Ashley, but it was neat to get a piece of that action.
  • I know, cute or horrifying?  It was a nice warm spell last week and Adia was out on the porch playing.  When I came out, she apparently felt the need to take a dip in the dog bowl.  Adia has been a lot of fun and a lot of challenge recently - she is really asserting herself and since she doesn't do many words, she has found that she can register a protest by crying really loudly.  My 3rd and 4th periods are the same way.
  • And just go ahead and break my heart in two equal but separate pieces.  Last night Adia was rummaging through my diabetic bag and I was making a rather stellar off the cuff chili so I just let her play (hoping that she wouldn't figure out how to expose the needle...yes the same needle that should be thrown away after each use).  So here she is taking her shot just like her dad.  I'm OK if it is always a pretend thing.  
  • In other news, if you want more pictures - I uploaded more to the picassa site - just click on the scrolling Esme album top right of this page.  
  • School is going well - the Duke Marine Lab trip is in a few weeks and I am beginning my time of stress over that.  I've got 33 kids going for a week... but it is a great time, just a lot of ducks to put in a row.  I think Zoe is going to come with me - that should be fun, except for the struggle of what she is going to wear each morning.
  • Jon has been on a buying spree for amazing things - like a fresnel lens for solar cooking, everything food prep related - grinders, sausage stuffers, presses, etc along with all tools wonderful like a crosscut saw, froe, garden forks, hand drills, etc - its like the best christmas ever on little house on the prairie!
  • We ordered our seeds from Seeds of Change the other day.  It turned out that we (Towers and Ahns) still had a bunch of seeds, but even then we spent $160.  Its going to be a fun planting season.  And we joined the Abindgon CSA for the spring and summer.  My goal is to can, can, can, and can this season.  Remember in a few months when I am moaning about this how there was a time when I was really looking forward to it all.  I guess that is what winter does to you.  
  • Ash and I started running again (actually, she has been running, but I haven't... but I didn't want to sound too slack) and it is rather remarkable how out of shape I've gotten.  I should be out running right now (6am) but Adia woke up and I don't want to leave Ash with a crying kid this early.  But she has settled in and maybe I can slip out.  Better try, I guess. Bye.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag