Change... my hungry friend.

"Summer has gone and passed, the innocent can never last..." -- Green Day

Headed to our future.... though the present is pretty sweet
Like the seasons, life continues to change, become, and cycle around again.  I am not so much happy for life's changes, I am in a place of trying to appreciate them.  Every change involves a loss and a gain and a move through time... and time just seems to be flying by.  So I am going to try to simply be and appreciate where I am... not looking too far forward or too far back.

NOT EASY.  But (to use an odd descriptor)... its good I think.

I am getting ready for school to begin again but this time ... for the 7th time... it will be at a new school.  We finally made the decision to follow our dream and move up to Konnarock.  Financially, it was sort of a move that needed to be made - but in making the decision, we were freed from... indecision.  Sounds funny, but indecision is quite an anchor for me.  Anyway, in making the decision, we have listed our house in Glade, sold our milk cow and calf (we still have Peg of course), I have switched schools to Holston HS in Damascus, and we are working on a barn type structure that will get us through the winter.

On the flip side, as we walk toward the future, we walk away from the past and that's difficult for me.  It was tough to leave Abingdon HS and my students there.  It was a pretty profound 5 years for me there and I learned a lot about who I am and who I am not.  Its tough to leave Glade right as the community and Town Square is stepping into its own... The fact that I am leaving a place that has a green grocer, library, and brewery within walking distance, is a bit hard to stomach.

However, when I lay in the river up on the mountain to wash away the sweat of the day, I know I am......  
headed to where....
....my heart is.

The following are just some pics from the summer and from building the barn.  I hope to be done with the roof this weekend.  Y'all have a good last bit of summer....

The light at the end of the tunnel... is home. 

Post hole digging.... still hurting from that


Jason and Eric.  Thank you for being in my life

Poles, view 2 
Jason, Eric, Jose, and Luis.  
Almost done - but the ridge cap and trim is not on yet... (well, its on, but I don't have a picture yet:)
This is my first cave map - surprisingly enough it is the product of many hours of work and I am terribly proud of it.  Thank you Jason for teaching me.  A trip description is at the Walker Mountain Grotto blog

Kids in the Salt Trail cave that was mapped above.  Its a fun little cave and right on the Salt Trail

Yep, good stuff.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Late night update