Fishing

We rented a skid-steer and removed the remains of the demolished house that has blighted this land for a long time.  We damn near killed ourselves but it was almost cathartic.  I was exhausted all week from our spring "break".  We also are getting ready for the high tunnel and have done some fun cutting of trees.  The video was done before the grading... thats too bad.  But its looking better now. This week, Esme wanted to fish so I bought her a pole and some tackle and she, Adia, and I

started fishing.  I have been wanting to find some balance and I think I did.  Yesterday I caught my first fish ever on a fly rod and it was like the day I had been waiting for for years - the day that I would find myself eating a meal that I had provided for myself.  Seems simple and it is and was - but it was a milestone that passes like a live well lived... unexpectedly.  Tonight the 3 of us went out before dinner and made our way downriver.  Esme caught her first fish, but none of the other of us had a bite.  Her first fish was a little brook trout.  It was special and unexpected.  We followed the river and ended up descending down the gorge.  We bouder hopped and climbed quite a lot.  It was wonderful and gorgeous.  We got to a decent sized waterfall and found an absolute perfect secluded playground complete with a few wonderful boulder caves and the best swimming spots ever.  My kids were howling like wolves at the discovery of that perfection within walking distance of the house.  It felt good to take the time to live again.  The day before, Ash met me in Marion for a meeting with the town to discuss the creating a camp to practice our heritage school plan.  It was pretty great - we got a good plan to create some great much needed change in education.  After the meeting, I showed her the Henderson and we had a good meal and some good beers at a local restaurant.  In other news, my sister had her baby early... but it came on the same day the movie "the breakfast club" takes place.  The baby was in NICU for a week, but he went home yesterday.  Hopefully they are settling in and getting back to life.  That is probably good advice for all of us, especially me.



And so is Esme
Zoe is becoming quite an artist



Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Winter finally arrived