Legs shaved, bags packed

OK, so I finally caved and shaved my legs. The car is packed and ready to go. I just have to remember to put mine and Dave's bike on before we take off tomorrow after school. It seems like a festival like atmosphere this whole week of Ironman - so it should be fun. Its almost sad to be coming to the end because the journey has been so worthwhile.... never thought I'd say that. Thanks to those of you who have supported me and the Triabetes effort - I might finish on Sunday (hopefully before midnight) but the cause that is Triabetes is continual and permanent. I think that we already have a Boonie signing up for Triabetes 09 in Arizona.... I will leak his name as soon as I am sure he is in. I shall try to keep my nerves at bay and to put the whole thing into the proper perspective and just enjoy the marrow out of this experience. Michelle was telling me about a 14 year old kid (snowboarder) who died recently from a diabetic/asthmatic attack and it really reminded me that I have nothing to fear or even worry about. I have been given this chance fully experience simultaneously both the fragility and tenacity of being human and I intend to revel in it. Bring on the joy and the suffering - its showtime. I will try to post again before Ironman to let you know team member's bib numbers in case you want to follow our progress that day.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Winter finally arrived