Spring's a coming


So spring is coming and there is nothing I can do about it.  Zoe and I went to Damascus the other day and planted a bunch of potatoes (German Butterball and Yukon Gold).  I had never planted potatoes before, so we'll see.  Homer (our neighbor) had plowed up the garden plot down by the road (and river) but hadn't tilled it yet - so Zoe and I worked pretty hard to get out the sod - but the soil under it was pretty nice.  Then we planted 30 asparagus crowns.  Getting a bit hungry just thinking about it.  Then the next day we used Jon's idea of folding newspaper seed pots and planted our seed beds.  It was a neat little origami trick to make a plantable pot for free. 
These pictures are all backwards... as usual - you would think I would figure it out someday.  Anyway, this is Easter night - we were invited to Rosa's house for a little impromptu get together.  Easter egg hunt, dinner, bonfire (I think that is Aidan with sparklers)... it was a pretty wonderful time - thank you Rosa.  And that was after Reid and I went for a bike ride to the greenway, where he then ran with Ashley.  I don't do that stuff anymore:)
Easter Egg hunt.  They were master egg dyers.  Art people, how I love basking in their glow.
Adia had a great time as well.  All the kids played so incredibly well together (especially the older kids with the young ones) - thank you Dargan, Marshaun (probably spelling that wrong), and Aidan.  

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!