A bad term comes to a close

This school term that is ending must be one of my worst ones in my career.  I just kind of sucked this year and to make it worse, I am not quite sure why.  Wow, this is humbling.  I don't know what to say.  I feel like I should have this thing dialed in and I quite simply don't.  I can't explain it and that is going to wear on my mind for a bit.

Oh well - yet another lesson to learn.  On the positive side, Jose and Luis came by yesterday and we spent 3 hours catching up.  Luis gave me a Drake CD for christmas :)  Those two kids have now become men and I am so proud of them and grateful that they are in my life.  They think that I worked to help them, but I think that it was reciprocal.  If students like that were not in my life, I think I might have to back out of teaching.  Thanks, amigos.

(45 minutes passes)

Leave it to my daughters to roll back that fog... its just Adia and Esme with me here tonight and we cooked a breakfast dinner while dancing to Thriller... and then to the rest of Michael's greatest hits (with one break for Maroon5's "Ladykiller" ... because its Adias favorite song... she's such a funk kid, I love it).  Feeling much better.  Yep, I failed this term.  Next one will be better.  It is what it is, and I am what I am.  Look around, accept the situation, get up, take a step.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag