Sweet

This weekend was pretty nice by anyone's accounts. Saturday morning John, Dave, and I went for an early morning run. It was the first time the musketeers have been together in a few weeks and it was really nice to connect and get excited about this project again. As the goals of Triabetes become more clear it becomes more and more of an honor to be involved with it. We started in the pitch dark and the sun rose while we ran. And on the way home McDonalds had 2 sausage and egg biscuits for $2 ...mmmm - but it makes you wonder how they can afford to sell quality food at such a low price.... hmmm

Later that day Ash and I and a dear friend from Athens took our kids and watched the Christmas parade in town. (Pictures are posted on our picassa site - see link on the side) Today (Sunday) we slept in, took care of starting a nice little split rail fence, Ashley did some doula stuff and then just after dark I went for an 8 mile run in town (Greenway Trail). The clouds were backlit by a moon (which was nice because I forgot a light) and I simply ran through the dark in kind of a trance... it was pretty wonderful - which is something I never thought I would say about running. Of course, part of the feeling might have been the fragrant, tangy smoke coming from the only couple of people I passed. Seriously - it was a pretty remarkable (and hard to describe) experience. Amy Steinberg's song kept going through my earphones... "I am exactly where I need to be I need to be exactly where I am"

On the diabetic side - I think that my body is simply on its way down in the afternoon. I started at 85 - I ate a clif bar - a couple of miles in I ate a gel and a few smarties - half way through I was 81 - I ate another gel - I finished at 71. As Dave would probably remark - I should have tested more to boost my average!

So all in all a pretty sweet weekend - all that and I got the biggest smooch and hug (complete with the back pats) from my daughter, Zoe when I left tonight.

"Peace. Love. Free"

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!