Finding my voice

Today we went to church and Shelly Wilson really hit home in her sermon.  It followed on the tide of the Obama inauguration and the Martin Luther King rememberance.  In a nutshell, it was about finding your voice - both personally and communally.  All the people throughout history who have seen a wrong and have spoken out to challenge it and push humanity forward spiritually... often at their own peril.  And we all peer into the promised land on their shoulders.  It has been the voices of the few that have done this and I have quietly gone along, content in watching the parade progress... slowly.  Doing very little to help it along.  When have I protested injustice?  When have I really done anything that was difficult in the name of Truth?  Well, I have been inspired to be better about that from here on out.  I want to be an advocate for peace despite my fear.  OK, there it is, lets hope it sticks.  In other bits of gratitude - our family has been on the receiving end of a lot of good will... and food - on the birth of Esme.  Thank you friends and family, thank you HCUCC, thank you science dept, thank you Towers, Calamais, Willards, Rowells, and Moores, and thank you to goodness knows who else.  We are truly blessed.  PS - the video below is nothing related to any of this stuff - as Ash said to me when I showed it to her, "you are such a goober!"  But she loves me for it... how could she not?

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!