A good excuse or a sign?

I found a relatively flat course to ride - I mean its a loop and its got plenty of elevation change - but for around here it is really flat and nice. I was able to ride the 55 mi at an avg of 16.2mph - that is nice and gives me some wiggle room on the run if I can keep it up. Right now I am a bit out of commission due to my IT band problem in my knee. I tried to run a 7 mile trail the other day and really had some more issues. So no running for awhile. That is a hard thing to do because I really start to freak out about not being able to do the run. I emailed John to talk me down a bit and he did so like it was nothing. It will be good to see that guy in a little over a month. So anyway I've been biking more and coming up with excuses not to swim...which is getting to be a problem. Well, yesterday morning I was going to do the 55 mile route again early - I woke up at 3 to eat breakfast so I could take a full bolus - but then Zoe woke up right away with me (cosleeping). I thought she was just dreaming and so I walked out of the room. I turn on the light to the bathroom and then I hear Ash call - I jump back in the room just in time to see Zoester gagging and so I scooped her up and got her to the toilet where she promptly threw up a few times. She was still out of it a bit and I let down my gurard - she turns and walks out of the bathroom and I hop out into the hall to get her and bring her back and she turns, puts her hands to her mouth and throws up. Well, her fingers did a good job of vaporizing the vomit and pressurizing the larger pieces into a shotgun spray pattern. Direct hit...mostly in my face. Needless to say, I did not reset my alarm to go ride that morning. It turns out that we went to a birthday party that day of a couple of kids of dear friends of ours - Zoe's piece of cake had a monstrous bright red flower (or something) icing on it - the tell tale signs of red were all over me. She was fine the next morning, however and asked if it was a dream. If only....

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

"You're not makning any sense! Go test your blood sugar!"