Grandfather Marathon saturday and ... steak

First off, Rick Crawford (DTC super coach...seriously) has sent us a training plan that really seems to be painful... but necessary, I guess. It carries us through the last 2 months. I am currently getting nervous about the Grandfather Mountain marathon in 2 days. I guess its because I have never done one and this one is uphill and has a time limit... oh and a few people have said its the hardest road marathon in the US. But on my side, I did have a big steak tonight and finally might have given my body something it needed (protein and fat in huge amounts) - I have been hungry for a good solid month now (I haven't been able to have the butter out and not continually snack on it) but I haven't had a steak in a good long time. I cleaned everyone's plates in bliss and I am sure I ate chunks of meat that my wife and daughter had already spit out... it didn't phase me a bit. Aside from the salt issue and cramping - I have never noticed my body needing some kind of food... it was a rather amazing experience...I guess you have picked up on that as I am going on and on about dinner. Well today was rainy but I took Zoe to Valle Crucis and we put the canoe in on Clarks Creek and wound down an 8 ft creek a ways to the Watauga River and then went down that a spell - we saw a baby deer and a bunch of waterfowl... the baby deer was funny because Zoe had specifically said on the 5 minute drive to Valle Crucis that if we found a baby deer she wanted to raise it.... then we ate a steak for dinner and all memory blanks out after that... I'll let you know how the marathon goes - I might have talked Dave into pacing me for awhile. Apologies to vegetarians and those Chick-fil-a cows.... no disrespect to either intended... especially the cow.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!