Lesson learned hopefully

OK, so I was freaked out after saturday's cramp fest. I learned from Rick Crawford that I should get in 1g salts (electrolytes)/L of water every hour. OK, so I was not near that on saturday. Today Dave and I went and ran part of the Grandfather marathon course - we planted water and food - I woke up early (3am) to eat breakfast and take a normal bolus (as Anne suggested) - then I went back to sleep until the run - I carried Endurolytes - and all went perfectly. Every 5 miles I drank around 500-700 ml and took 3 endurolytes (it was cool) - my blood sugar was between 100 and 160 the whole time - I maintained a comfortable pace and HR - I felt great (aside from pounding the road) and I went 20 miles. That is my longest ever and I felt like it would be no real problem (aside from the pounding) to run the other 6 and just do a marathon today - but I have the Grandfather marathon in 11 days - so I'll just hold off :) I am just ecstatic that my legs feel good... in fact the only soreness is some leftover from Saturday, I think! Did I mention that I ran 20 miles?

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Winter finally arrived