Ch Ch Ch Change

Ok, its Saturday morning and a lot has happened. Last week, we parted with the beloved CRV (which Zoe always called Tommy) with all its stickers and roof rack and traded it for a Toyota Sienna (which Zoe has named Restaurant.... what can I say?)... yes, it is one step below a vasectomy as I am now in the minivan clan... that clan being Dave and Emily's fault. It was a couple of years older than our CRV but was well taken care of and had the exact same miles and we got a 2 year warranty and a little money back, so it was rather painless. However, the roof rack will be up shortly and stickers will begin to accumulate. You know, pimp my ride, G. As for training, I began riding in the morning and swimming on my planning period - that saved tons of time because I wasn't getting a whole lot done on my planning period anyway. Now that I know that works, I have to convince the powers that be that I'm not spending any less time on school, just being a better manager of time. The rabbit that Ashley rescued was indeed pregnant and first gave birth to 2 babies, but never made a nest and they died. But the next day she had made a nest and she had given birth to two more babies and they are doing fine. They are actually all fuzzy now and moving around but still don't have their eyes open. Very cute. Goes well with my minivan. Yesterday, I woke up feeling like craaaaapp. Mild flu like stuff. Kind of chilly, achy, head hurting, lungs full of junk, overall miserable. I went to school thinking I could just take my kids outside and not infect them. But it was cold and windy and after a period of that, I went home. I feel a whole lot better this morning... head is full of mucus but thats it. Maybe it will be short lived (although Ash had this a few weeks ago and she's still dealing with the mucus). Haven't felt that bad in a long time. I should have never gone to school. A little irresponsible on my part. Its odd, though - my blood sugars have been really good. On other diabetes news, I've got my team in order for the 24 Hour Blue Planet Run (http://blueplanetrun.org/bpr24/blackmountain) and its all diabetic, baby. There are 4 adults (me, dave, john, ried) and 5 students (chris, cory, jakob, patrick, and matt). Its not too far away (Lake Eden - Black Mountain) and all proceeds go to fund clean water initiatives in Africa. One of the kids, patrick, was just diagnosed a few weeks ago. We are all going to have a big dinner next weekend to support patrick and to plan out the details of the race - and Cameraman Ray will have flown in that weekend - so the whole thing should make for some great documentary fodder. I'm really excited about this. The triabetes fundraiser in the schools went much slower than I thought, but I would think we could get some people behind these kids and diabetes. So we'll see. And now we are at today. Ash has been searching for a husky (like our old dog, Sera) to rescue. Basically we have been looking for dogs to replace our first two great ones for the last many years. We have, embarassingly, gone through a decent number of dogs. All from the humane society or pound. All with some pretty odd problems. This guy is coming up from Johnson City to kind of "interview" us with the dog. We'll see how that goes. I'm happy that this guy cares that much. Oh, and we did our taxes late one night last week and it appears we are going to survive another year. So things are going pretty OK.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag