"PECE" Y'all


Wow. A lot has happened in the last week. After the last post, the whole family got sick. Nothing too major - snot much of a problem... It hit Ash worst, me next, the kids were just a bit drippy...oh, and Adia really hasn't been sleeping that great. But all in all, nothing really to complain about. The picture here is of a surprize that Zoe made for me today - she called me at school to tell me about it... to tell me that she was making a surprize. Ash then said that she was writing this word over and over - "PECE" - Ash asked what she was writing, Zoe says "Peace, you know, its in the bedroom" We have a peace flag in there and she remembered it by the letters on her own. She wasn't going back and forth. Pretty freaking cool... odd, the wisdom of children sometimes. On other fronts - the rabbit (that was an old breeder that Ash rescued from the pet store (they just gave it to her)) had 2 babies the other day (they warned her that the rabbit might be pregnant). She made no nest and Ash found them on the cold floor. They died. Rather difficult to grasp. But then the next day we found that she had made a nest... and in the nest were 2 warm babies. That was a good thing. We got a cool new renter in the apartment - has a dog of course, but it seems cool..with a bit of hound. On the Triabetes front, we (and Dave and Em) made the decision (with massive amounts of help from Nate) to go to Diabetes Training Camp next month... in Santa Barbara. It should be a tremendous learning opportunity, bonding experience, and good time. I think we figured out a way to get Dave a bike - he's going to come over today and we'll figure it all out and order the sucker. And I booked a flight to Boston this morning to go to the NSTA conf to pick up the Vernier grant. It has been nuts but the future seems filled with promise...not too bad. I didn't run much the last few days due to being sick, but I ran yesterday morning - 36 minutes for my route - its not that major - 4.5 mile route - but I've used it as a measure of my fitness. It wasn't that long ago that 45 minutes was the best I could do.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!