Ah, the Holidays

Well, Christmas and the New Year has come and gone in fine fashion. Its been a great break to just be with my family and do the occasional run. I've been running a 7 mile loop around my old school (Dave's school) and last week we (John, Dave, and Nate - Dave's bro) decided to do 2 laps...14 miles. That being farther than anyone but John had ever done...his high is somewhere around 80 miles, so he does not count. But it went really well - it took awhile but was comfortable (even for Dave once he bought the lip balm...huge joke here that will remain under wraps). John even somehow got me to do the last few miles pretty fast (for me) with the mantra..."its gotta hurt, you know".... Well, I may know but I am not ready to accept that one. But all went well. As for blood sugar - I ate 2 snickers bars, a pepsi (reverting to Old School Diabetes care) and 4 clif shots...oh and some of John's super gatorade (imagine a small bottle filled 3/4 way with gatorade mix and then a dash of water to soften it).

Speaking of Blood Sugar - Today is the day (hopefully) when I can finally refill my test strips again at the pharmacy and can stop living off of others (Heather) and test again. Dave's out, too. Testing often seems to help or be a result of better diabetes care (best control I have ever had in 25 years) - it sure is interesting that insurance companies don't cover the number of strips needed.... its almost like they are only concerned with the bottom line...hmmm. What a great entity to have control over my family's health! comma.

I hope all out there had joyous solstice holidays... I wish peace (and energy gels) to all

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Winter finally arrived