A Triabetic Birthday





Well, the day was not without interesting things happening. I woke up at 56, ate, went for a run. Not even to the McDonalds, I was 38, ate, felt terrible and walked a bit. Jogged the rest of the way in, I was 43. Was low by 2nd period and ate a bit. Lunch - 125, 4pm - 38 again. After dinner (and cake) - 41, so more cake. 4am this morning - 263, yay? Last night was fun, regardless of the low day. We had wanted to get Dave's family (specifically, Em who is heavy with child) a dinner that they didn't have to cook. But we turned it into a combo - Triabetes get together (John and Maureen came over), birthday, and Em dinner. It was really great. Zoe and Ashley made some incredible cards...I really can't get over how well Zoe (just turned 4) is drawing and writing...she's further along than I was when I was 27. Ashley spent the entire day making the cake from scratch, baking bread, making the dinner, cleaning the house, oh yeah - and taking care of the kids. I absolutely don't know how she does it. And the cake was like heaven - yellow, with this chocolate buttercream frosting....I've got to be the luckiest person on the planet. At school we had an early release due to snow showers - I, of course, had my class outside and away from the school at an environmental site - someone had to run down and yell "they just made the announcement - class is switching in 5 minutes!" Well, it was a 10 minute walk back. But as a student said "its all good". Yes, indeed, if any statement could sum up my birthday - that would be it.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Esmé Ruth Ahn!!