Front Page!

Well, if you haven't checked out the really fantastic journalistic and photographic work of Marie Freeman, then pick up the Jan 22 edition of the Watauga Democrat (or go to http://www.wataugademocrat.com/2008/0121/0123runningdown.php) Marie really did a good job for us and the timing is nice because now that the Triabetes project summary is done, the workhorses of the team (Nate, Peter, Michelle, and John) are really tracking down sponsors. The photo is kind of funny - see we had just finished an easy 17 miles... Kidding! We showed up at the swim center, changed in our cars, and ran exactly 40 yards. Dave and John and Ashley then went on a run and I went in for a swim with my daughter. In other news, Zoe has been having some stomach pains the last few nights - we took her to the doc to make sure there's nothing major to worry about - and there isn't - she had a good night. But I did what most parents do, I wished I could take her pain...you know, "just give it to me, God, instead" - well it seemed to work. I was absolutely miserable last night. "Take it back! Take it back!" But all is well now....I hope. Besides it might have just been from a falafel dinner gone wrong. Also, I got a call the other night from someone at NSTA (national science teachers assoc) about a Vernier grant I wrote. At the time I was miffed - it was the start of the school year and our principal wanted the new teachers to go for this grant - well, I didn't have the time,etc,etc,whine,moan,etc - but I did it anyway - and now I get to go to Boston. Nice...especially as there might be a personal monetary award that might help me get a bike for the triathlon! Cool.

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag