Triabetes connection and the snowplow


Well, its Saturday and I have a few moments at the start of the day to catch up a little. We had a snow day on Thursday and some good sledding - then rain glazed over it. I hoped for a snow day yesterday but it was only a 2 hr delay. I went for a run yesterday morning and really did pretty well - there was snow and ice everywhere but the sidewalks were cleared so off I went. Just as I was finishing and heading up to the high school I looked up and there was a snowplow barrelling toward me cleaning out all that ice and muck in the gutter...I looked to my left...guardrail. A little panic set in and moved to a spot where the ice was thinnest and I just got ready to huddle over and take the ice cube wave that was about 6 feet high. At the last second, the snowplow operator lifted the blade. I sprinted in so sorry for cursing those guys for keeping the roads cleared enough to let us have school.
Zoe and I did some sledding down the driveway at the farm and we built a "Snow Zoe" and I'll have to go get a pic. I'll edit this if I do. Overall, it was a good day. We made a good pizza and had Jon and Carole over to discuss some things.
As for the Triabetes connection - I have this student, Matt. Well, he really isn't my student but he checks in with me from time to time. He's a diabetic as well and a runner. Well, he went to some diabetic convention perhaps in Florida and he saw that one of the people there was a marathoner so he went to meet him. Well lo and behold, the person was wearing a Triabetes T-shirt! The kid was so excited and told him about me. The person was Brian Foster, fellow Triabetic! They talked for a bit and Matt came back from Christmas break super excited. On kind of a related note, we are going to arrange to put a local team of diabetics into the 24 Run for Africa...and I've already got 2-3 students committed - Matt being one of them.
We took some photos for an article in the paper yesterday about the Triabetes project. I have secretly arranged for Marie to photoshop some muscles in on me. Sorry, John and Dave. That article should be out soon and Dave and I are drafting a letter to send out to the entire district to raise money for Triabetes.
If anyone wants a T-shirt you can buy them online now! Only $20 and that includes shipping! The ginsu knives never offered a better offer! Seriously - they are great shirts and it really helps us out. http://www.triabetes.org/support.html

Popular posts from this blog

Wake or sleep

Christmas Holidays

Cat is wiggling out of the bag